It's All About the Cake!!

Let me start by saying that yes I have watched way too many cake decorating shows.  I have not taken a single class in cake decorating.  And I very clearly am far too confident in my very amateur cake decorating skills because as we approached our son's first birthday party almost 5 years ago, I had the brilliant idea to make his cake myself.  It was a long and arduous process that resulted in a 2 tier (3 layers in each tier) cake that took me all night to produce.  A year later you would think that I was smart enough to call Costco to order a full sheet cake.  But nooooooo, I decided again to make the cake myself and it has become a yearly tradition with the most recent cake being 4 tiers! (Holy wow!)

1st Birthday - Theme: Sesame Street
 
 
 
2nd Birthday - Theme: Toy Story
 
 
 
3rd Birthday - Theme: Thomas the Train
 
 
 
4th Birthday - Theme: Superhero
 
 
 
Are you impressed yet?  You really should be.  If you know me at all, then I know for sure you are impressed.  I don't even cook dinner most nights, so these cakes are monumental! 
 
 
 
 



Comments

Shoshanah said…
These are awesome! Especially the superhero cake. I think was such a great touch having the actual cake layer colors correspond to their superhero as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!